Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap & CVS

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap & CVS
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:43:31 -0700

I use RCS, and have used it since even before the initial
public release of ACS (predecessor to gnucap).  It is in the
Makefile, so it should work for you too.

In the source directories (src and modelgel), make a directory
"RCS", and type "make checkin" to check the stuff in.

I also use a file "rcsversion" to manually specify the RCS
revision number.  It contains the number to use, which I
manually maintain.  This file is in the gnucap root, and the
others have a symlink to it.  That way all files checked in at
one time have the same number.  Without it, the rev numbers in
RCS don't mean much and are not useful.

"man" and directories off of it have that too.  Make the
directory RCS on all of them, then in man, type "make checkin"
just like the others.