[Gnucap-devel] Title lines in include files

From: Al Davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Title lines in include files
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:53:09 -0600

Question....

Should ".include" files skip the first line, interpreting it as a
title?

This is the way it is now, as a throwback to Spice-2, and assuming
that an included file is complete in some sense.  Actually, it uses
the same reader as the main file, recursively, which interprets the
first line as a title.

So ...  opinion poll.

Is the preferred behavior ...

(1) Continue to treat the first line of an included file as a title.

or..

(2) Just include it, giving no special treatment to the first line.

or..

(3) Another possibility that I did not think of.

My preference is (2).  It seems to be more compatible with other
simulators that way.  If you want a title, you can still put one
there and mark it as a comment.