Re: [Gnucap-devel] Development direction?

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Development direction?
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:07:39 -0600

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 07:35 pm, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> Do you have any particular direction for the gnucap development?

I want Gnucap to become the leading, most advanced general purpose
circuit simulator available.  I can do some, but I can't do all that
is required, or even see all that is needed.  Therefore, anything you
can do is very much appreciated.

> Can I just follow my own choices of feature? I am currently working
> on an SMPS design and I think gnucap will offer more than any spice
> clone.

What is SMPS?  Of course you can add your own features.  That the
idea of GPL.  Please send them to me, so Gnucap can develop in ways
that I cannot do alone.

> Since I am new at this would you prefer it if I decide to branch
> from gnucap entirely so as not to disrupt the current flow of
> gnucap development.

What it needs most is for people other than me to contribute, and
help determine the direction.  Sharing it here is the best way.