gnuastro-devel

[task #16222] Arithmetic operators to convert areas for example mag/arcs

From: Bharat
Subject: [task #16222] Arithmetic operators to convert areas for example mag/arcsec2 to counts/pix
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 16:08:44 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, task #16222 (project gnuastro):

Thanks Mohammad sir, this clears most of my doubts.

Now,for converting arcsecsq to number of pixels, I am using this formula.
number of pixels = (arcseconds squared) / (pixel scale)^2

Added this code in
[https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/tree/lib/units.c lib/units.c].

.
double
gal_units_arcsecsq_to_pixnum(double area_arcsec2, double pixelscale)
{
  return area_arcsec2/pow(pixelscale,2);
}
.

required code will going to update in lib/arithmetic.c, gnuastro/arithmetic.h
and gnuastro/units.h

Am I going in right direction?

PS :- I apologize for asking so many questions. Since it's my first open
source contribution, so going a bit more comprehensive (^_^).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16222>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/