gnuastro-devel

[bug #61128] Debugging the *unknown option --instd* error

From: Sepideh Eskandarlou
Subject: [bug #61128] Debugging the *unknown option --instd* error
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 15:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

When the user uses an option, which is needed to specify the path of a file as
an input for an option, we usually do not put the equal sign, to completes the
path of the input by Tab button and prevent typing mistakes. Finally, if the
user uses the --instd option without equal sign such as:
> --instd /home/Document/segment.fits
Without facing any error the script will be runnig.

But in *astscript-radial-profile* script, the user have to use equal sign and
like this:
> --instd=/home/Document/segment.fits
And when do not put the equal sign, will be countered with below error
> Unknown option --instd

For tackling this problem, based on the e02f37e0 commit in GitLab, I have
changed the definition of the *--instd* in the section that input options are
defined.

What do you think? Is it true?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61128>

  Message sent via Savannah