gnuastro-devel

[task #13786] Usable libraries for other languages

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #13786] Usable libraries for other languages
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 16:29:24 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #18, task #13786 (project gnuastro):

At the initial GSoC proposal level, do you have to go to such low-level
implementation details?

It would be better if you include a link to the respective Python
documentation, so we can see exactly what you are referring to ;-).

The basic idea is that Numpy (like Python) is written in C. Numpy's main data
structure (which is a C structure) is very similar to our `gal_data_t' (but
much more general). So, the way I see it now is that the whole conversion
function should be in C: you don't want to invent an alternative to Numpy ;-).
Once the two way "Numpy <---> gal_data_t" converter is written (fully in C),
we can start writing C functions that interface with Python.

But this is just my general view now, I have only read about it, probably
during implementation some things will be different.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13786>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/