gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #56300] Configure script finds gsl_interp_steffen

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #56300] Configure script finds gsl_interp_steffen but building fails
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 10:25:48 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

When there are multiple GSL installations on an system, and one of them
doesn't support the `gsl_interp_steffen' function, it can happen that the
configure script finds the header with this function, but the `make' script
fails because it can't link with it.

Currently `configure.ac' uses `AC_CHECK_DECLS' to find this symbol in the
headers. So a possible fix may be to also use the standard `AC_CHECK_LIB' and
if that fails inform the user at configure time and propose solutions.

If we can somehow ask configure to find the location of the header, we can
also modify the absolute address and add it to LDFLAGS, so it links with the
proper library also.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56300>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/