gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #47872] Citating default values of cosmological pa

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #47872] Citating default values of cosmological parameters
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 03:10:07 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #47872 (project gnuastro):

Citating default values of cosmological parameters

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank your for highlighting this important issue. A comment was added in
src/cosmiccal/astcosmiccal.conf file (main system wide configuration file
after installation) to cite the reference for these values. It has been merged
into master.

The current default values in CosmicCalculator come from the Plank 2013
results (link below, page 10, Table 2, Plank+lensing results)

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2014A%26A...571A..16P

One of the main reasons that I didn't use the 2015 results is that they are
not yet accepted by A&A for publication (last column of link below):

http://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/planck/publications

So I thought that if the journal editors have not yet accepted to publish
these results yet, we should also be a little patient ;-). In
version-control-speak, its like a commit that has not yet been merged into
master ;-)!

When those results are finally accepted by the editors and published, we will
certainly update CosmiCalculator's default values too. Ofcourse, from the ADS
link to the 2015 results (link below), you see that until now 1256 people have
used the 2015 results in their papers.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/bib_query?arXiv:1502.01589

If those people want to use the 2015 parameters with CosmicCalculator, they
can easily modify src/cosmiccal/astcosmiccal.conf before installation, or
modify them in their user and current directory configuration files (using the
--setdirconf and --setusrconf options). For those readers who are not yet
fully familiar, please have a look at the "Configuration files" section of the
manual (link below).

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Configuration-files.html

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47872>

  Message sent via/by Savannah