gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #47821] bootstrap crashes with no --gnulib-srcdir

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #47821] bootstrap crashes with no --gnulib-srcdir
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 08:35:16 +0000

Update of bug #47821 (project gnuastro):

             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #2:

The bug was fixed and is pushed to master. It was done using a second
directory called "imported" (as suggested in previous post). This directory
includes all directories that we have imported into Gnuastro during the
bootstrapping, not just those from Gnulib. So the m4/ directory (which until
now was a completely imported directory and in the top gnuastro diretory and
also include Autoconf archives) is also moved within `imported'. The book was
also updated to explain how it is possible to run bootstrap without any
options.

A `imported/README' file was added to the repository to explain this directory
(since it isn't a standard name). `imported/README' also allows this directory
to be included in the version control history, therefore we don't need the
mkdir line of the first post below. This also fixes this bug as much as it
releated to Gnuastro for now. Ideally, it might have been better if
./bootstrap could also support a multi-directory build_aux, but that is their
choice and I understand the difficulty in implementing the `-p' option to
non-GNU `mkdir's.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47821>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/