gnu3dkit-discuss

Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Advanced Rendering Interface

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Advanced Rendering Interface
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:22:50 -0500

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 04:12 PM, Gerard Iglesias wrote:

I know that a lot of people target game like application, but I think that game are very optimized code that will not be well made with an ObjC API. Maybe I am wrong ?

This takes for granted cutting edge graphics. There are many good game ideas that don't require the latest and greatest special fx or the highest framerates possible. Not all games are first person shooters. Today's hardware with Obj-C and a game of yesterday's technical features can still be workable and fun. Many open source games made with open source libraries will also not be as advanced as commercial products due to limitations of content.

Brent Gulanowski
--
Mac game development news and discussion
http://www.idevgames.com