gnu3dkit-discuss

Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Sharing geometry

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Sharing geometry
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:45:28 +0200

On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 08:56 PM, Brent Gulanowski wrote:
On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 01:34  PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
The original design philosophy of the Shape aggregation was to be able to share geometry objects. But I believe that there is a bug which prevents it from working when you use view-frustum culling. I'd have to double check that.

The main reason that I wasn't sure is that the geometry classes include a shape reference. But they can only remember one. So what if you have 100 shapes sharing the same geometry?

Consider this as a bug. The reason for this is that currently the shape has a bounding volume which gets updated whenever the geometry changes. So the geometry triggers its shape to update the volume if needed. I will fix this ASAP.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip