gnu-system-discuss

Re: Will RMS be back to Programming now?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Will RMS be back to Programming now?
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 22:02:01 +0800

Hi Jean!

Yes, I totally agreed. And I actually meant "RMS's health status",
personally I don't think the fame was hurt by the recent comments
misinterpretation or even the previous personal activity years ago.
If his health status is permitted, then maybe he can do some advocating
work by simple coding work, it's kind of advertisement. ;-)

At least in China, RMS is still greatly respected by technical people. Of
course, there're proprietory supporters don't like him. Maybe it's
because it is a different culture, when I told the so-called "RMS
scandal" to my Chinese friends, they thought it's a joke. Since in our
culture, one should be judged by the contributions that one ever
made. After experenced the Cultural Revolution [0], Chinese people are
utterly cautious about the judgement to personal life and
opinions. Because these are used for politically attacking to individuals.

BTW, Cultural Revolution caused over million people died or suicide by
ethical pressure, but the indirect killers thought they were doing
ethical correction, and in the beginning, people thought it was funny.

Frankly, I felt funny when I first heard RMS stepped down by those comments.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it