gnu-system-discuss

Re: Ping0 - Reping.

From: nipponpost
Subject: Re: Ping0 - Reping.
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 16:09:34 +0000

That mail took forever to "arrive".
Also censorship is still occurring. All my mails get censored because I don't kneel down to women and instead respect the actual programmers instead. I do tons of programming work for free software, yet women who do not get recognition for existing and I get spit upon.

This suggests that many of you are not avid programmers: you would be unhappy too. But those who do little respect those who do nothing. Also you use your _LEGAL_NAMES_ on the _INTERNET_ which suggests you are job-seekers, rather than hackers. I suspect all the hackers left GNU long ago (except for GNUTLS guys), or there ever only was one (RMS).

Also the _reason_ you demand copyright assignments is _NOT_ primarily for standing to sue (since you never do this anymore): it is so the author cannot unilaterally rescind the license grant (which, in the USA, they can do (and Eben Moglen was never able to refute this point), when there is no consideration to secure any contract regarding the grant of the license), and tie you up in litigation over that.

I am an attorney: I know the actual whys of all of this: you do not need to repeat what you've been taught: I've been taught far more.

Ping0