gnu-system-discuss

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 23:13:32 -0400

  > What I meant but what I read was that, in my opinion we need
  > guidelines how to communicate, what is acceptable and what is
  > not. To make people feel safe and respected.

I will not adopt a code of conduct for GNU.

We have something better than that: the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines.

Instead of drawing just a line, with "acceptable" on one side and
"unacceptable" on the other, the Guidelines teach what it means to be
better or worse.  Thus, it guides people to improve, beyond merely
"acceptable".

The FSF supports outreach activities to disprivileged demographic
groups.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)