gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Proposal to revise FSDG to exclude SaaSS-only soft

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Proposal to revise FSDG to exclude SaaSS-only software clients
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 08:29:30 +0300

* Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> [2021-04-13 07:49]:
>   > - FSF endorses distributions which contain packages promoting networks
>   >   that are known for surveillance, PRISM and centralization; such as
>   >   Skype or Telegram;
>
> That's not part of our criteria, and should not be.

Do you say that what I have mentioned, such as software that is
connecting to PRISM members is not and should not be criteria for
FSDG?

Additionally, that software that defeats decentralization such as
Telegram, is not part of FSDG criteria? It sounds like it never will be.

Did I understand it well?

Jean