gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] reply FSF

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] reply FSF
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 15:16:39 -0700

I really don't think we should discuss any more hypothetical scenarios in this
thread. I would agree with you that Freenix forum is a more appropriate place
to discuss how we present documentation and how that affects our users'
freedom.

The real question here is, the way I see it: why does

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Incoming_distros#Distros_ready_for_final_review_by_the_FSF

say that Freenix "passed community evaluation for all FSDG criteria and [is]
awaiting final review by the FSF licensing team" on one hand, and on the other
hand "Ineiev via RT" <address@hidden> just informed at least one curious
user that there is an unresolved FSDG-related issue, raised in a community
forum, and then directed the user to a post which does not raise any such
issue, according to the post's author?

At the very least, we here at Freenix would like to know which of these
seemingly contradictory scenarios is actually taking place.