gnu-emacs-sources

Re: file-props.el

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: file-props.el
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:02:09 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> - adding tags to any open file, not just via dired

I will add that.

> - tag completion when searching for tags

Fixed.

> - tag completion when adding new tags (to promote resuing existing
> tags)

This could be easily done by using `completing-read' instead of
`read-string' as when searching for tags, but it would be hard to
combine this with supporting entering multiple tags with a comman in
between.  (This is where Drew comes in and mentions icicle's amazing
multi choice stuff... :)

> - showing current tags a file have, editing them, removing tags (maybe
> in a special buffer)

Try out the new command `file-props-dired-edit' and see if you like
that.

> - when searching for files with tags the user should be able to specify
> multiple tags, not just one,  when further tags are specified (with
> completion) only those tags are offered  which have an intersection
> with the previous ones, (see del.icio.us)

I'll put that on the wish-list.

> - renaming tags, deleting tags

And this too.

I haven't posted the latest version here yet, but you will find
it on EmacsWiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/file-props.el

I probably won't post it here again until I have done something about
the feedback I've got, so until then, use the link above.

/Mathias