gnu-emacs-sources

Re: globalff.el --- Global find file

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: globalff.el --- Global find file
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:11:23 +0100

>>>>> "sa" == spamfilteraccount  <address@hidden> writes:

    sa> There's really nothing special in the Elisp, so it should work. I use
    sa> Gnu Emacs 21.4 on linux. Does locate work for you on the command line?

Yup, locate works. And I tried GNU Emacs 21.4 and yow, globalff works like a
charm. But still out of luck with a pristine CVS version (emacs -q
--no-site-file -l /home/toto/installed/emacsen/globalff.el).

    sa> I didn't know about gse-locate, so I can't tell it right now.

    sa> Looking at the code I'd say gse-locate doesn't update the list of
    sa> matching files dynamically as you're typing the pattern while mine does.

Yeah, great feature (Now that I've been able to see it :-).

Will have a look at the problem with CVS Emacs...

Thanks for helping...

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at