gnu-emacs-sources

remove-region-properties

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: remove-region-properties
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:16:11 +0200

I just wrote this simple interactive function for my .emacs.

Is there similiar already?  Am I overlooking something?

;;; Addition to 21.2
(defun remove-region-properties (start end)
  "Remove all text properties from the region.  In programs, wants two
arguments.  These arguments specify the starting and ending character
numbers of the region to operate on.  When used as a command, the text
between point and the mark is operated on."
  (interactive "r")
  (save-excursion
    (let ((result (buffer-substring-no-properties start end)))
      (delete-region start end)
      (insert result))))