gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] 1st. NextGeneration LiveCD's prototype (i386)

From: Andreas Mueller
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] 1st. NextGeneration LiveCD's prototype (i386)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:48:29 +0100

Announce 2nd generation of LiveCD

During our conference [1] in Spain, we provided a first prototypes of NEXT
generation liveCD. Here [2] you find a summary about the BOF in Mataro. You
find here [3] a first protype. After booting take a look to the README [4].

 Technical details:
 * Usage of the new Debian-installer [5]
 * a debootstraped cloop-compressed hoary image [6]
 * devicemapper for r/w support
 * liveCd's for alpha,arm,hppa,i386,ia64,m68k,mips,mipsel,powerpc,sparc

 [1] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/ConfAgenda
 [2] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/LiveCDDesign
 [3] http://people.ubuntulinux.org/~amu/2nd_generation/
 [4] /home/amu/README