gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] ACPI

From: Anonymous Coward
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] ACPI
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:11:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

This is the First Time i use or test Gnoppix ,my question is

Do Gnoppix support ACPI ????

Its Important for me to know,because i have a Laptop and i have allways the
same prob with the Fan and the heat of the CPU

i have tested so many Linux distros ,included the Knoppix one , i have Finally
found One who solved that problem with ACPI and Laptop the SuSe Linux one ,but
the next prob was that SuSe solved the ACPI prob ,but my personal opinion is
that SuSe ist the Slowest Linux distribution out there

I know i have the option to read the manuals and build an kernel with ACPI
implemented ....

But i think that it is better for people who starts to work the first time with
Linux and dont want to get bored after the first time they use it ,that it will
be better to implement this ACPI option as an standard

Thank you

Arnold