gnoppix-devel

Re: [Gnoppix-devel] Software to include

From: Matthew Garrett
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-devel] Software to include
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:48:17 -0000

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:33:55PM +0000, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:

> But in the case of Tamil the complication of conjunct text input methods
> and satisfactory support in Pango being very recent, Dasher with its
> initial tests is not too far behind the existing traditional GTK-IMs.

I'm glad it's working well :)

> mjg59 is CCed. He is a Debian developer too :-)

It's probably worth noting that Dasher's one of the proposed modules for
2.6 inclusion - the accessibility guys are pretty keen on it, so it
looks likely that Dasher will be included as part of the desktop.

In any case, please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries
about Dasher integration or functionality. We're always keen to get it
working with more languages.
--
Matthew Garrett | address@hidden