gnoppix-devel

Re: [Gnoppix-devel] Re: GNOPPIX maintenance

From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-devel] Re: GNOPPIX maintenance
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:08:48 +0100

* Sven Herzberg:

> Am Sa, den 01.11.2003 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Quenot um 11:34:
>
> > All the  modifications you  did to Debian  should be  documented and
> > available.  Everything  you did  to create a  new release  should be
> > traced somewhere, preferably into a CVS repository.
>
> Well, this  is an idea,  but it's  not very debian-ish. In  my opinion
> we  should  provide   all  the  changes  to  the   system  in  special
> gnoppix-specific debian packages. If  we do so, we can  simply make an
> installation a *real* Debian by removing these files.

Okay, we should  make debian packages, that's right.   But the principle
is  the same:  provide everything  to build  automatically Gnoppix  from
Woody.  And that « everything » must be made public.

BTW how is the booting process  customized?  How to boot from a ramdisk,
how to detect hardware, and so on?  IMHO that requires documentation, it
is not self-explaining.   Or maybe there are Knoppix docs  that we could
link to?

Cheers,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot