gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] Would any of the changes be welcomed to Gnoppix

From: Amish K. Munshi
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] Would any of the changes be welcomed to Gnoppix
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:23:24 +0530

Greetings,

   I have modified Gnoppix 0.5 (How do I know the compelte version
   number?). I have made the following modifications

Changes Made by Indictrans.org team.

Added /usr/local/yudit and added yudit_with_xkbmap script to
/usr/local/yudit/bin and hwd to yudit/share/yudit/data (I compiled yudit
on Debian woody and moved it to the gnoppix directory.)

Added /usr/local/drgeo (Compiled on RHL 9.0 since libguile  was missing
on gnoppix)

Added /usr/local/grass5  (Installed compiled binaries - Had to add
libtermcap manualy)

Added /etc/skel to the /home/credativ

Created a refresh page  from
/usr/share/doc/mozilla-browser/localstart.html to
http://localhost/indictrans.org/

Added openoffice to /opt and changed the openoffice icon on the desktop.

Modified boot.img to include the following
        1. Changed boot.msg to gnubhaaratii http://www.indictrans.org and
RELEASE 19-09-2003
        2. Modified CREDATIV to gnubhaaratii in miniroot.gz

Added fonts to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/  padmaa-bold padmaa-normal and
Gargii.

Added Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati locales.

Converted and added mo files in /usr/share/locale for Hindi, Marathi and
Gujarati.

Changed H Freq from 28-96 to 30-50 in /usr/sbin/mkxf86config

Added fonts to /opt/openoffice/share/fonts/truetype/

Modified /etc/rc2.d/S90startme to copy /etc/skel/* /home/credativ and
/etc/skel/.* /home/credativ

Added libtermcap.so.2.0.8 and created a link from /lib/libtermcap.so.2 to
/lib/libtermcap.so.2.0.8 to /lib for grass5

Added libguile9_1.4-24_i386.deb
        and  in /usr/lib created the following links for drgeo
                ln -s libguile.so.9.0.0 libguile.so.12
                ln -s libqthreads.so.9.0.0 libqthreads.so.12
                ln -s libstdc++.so.3.0.4 libstdc++.so.5

Removed libglib2.0-dev

Changed boot.img to use lang=hi as default

Moved CREDATIV/background.gif to CREDATIV/background.gif.orig

Created a JPEG and a PNG image of indictrans.org and placed them at
CREDATIV/ as background.jpeg and background.gif

Created a link from CREDATIV/background.gif to CREDATIV/background.png

Added background.jpg to /usr/local/lib and created a link from
credanka.gif to background.jpg

Added the following to /etc/rcS.d/S00credativ-autoconfig

hi)
# AGI's version
LANGUAGE="hi_IN"
COUNTRY="IN"
LANG="hi_IN"
KEYTABLE="dev"
XKEYBOARD="dev"
KDEKEYBOARD="dev"
CHARSET="UTF-8.hi_IN"
# Additional KDE Keyboards
KDEKEYBOARDS="dev,us,de,fr"
;;

Modified XkbDisable in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.in and XF86Config.in

Added /etc/ini.d/Hindi_kbd and /etc/Xmodmap (this is to set Hindi kbd)

           Presently I am modifying gnoppix and copying it to another HDD
           partition from where I am booting. I have not yet created an
           self booting CD (I dont guess that should fail for any reason
           :-) ).

         I would like if we can include the following in the main
         distribution.

*********************************
NOTE : These changes are made to a distro I am making and they have not
been provided back to the development team. I would love to provide these
changes back to the community but do have limited bandwidth connection
(unlimited in time). I can provide individual changes or work online to
make these changed on the main distribution.

Bye.
--
  Amish K. Munshi
  address@hidden