Re: sony-ericsson p910i

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: sony-ericsson p910i
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:04:53 +0200

> I don't know what SyncML is or how to install it on my PC/phone.

I never used it but it was reported to work, here there is also a list
of software
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML

> Anyway I was able to get a backup as a .ecs files that at the end is a
> zip file but ieven though I can open it the only things I can get from
> are photos, music and videos all the rest (SMS and phone numbers) is in
> a proprietary format that I don't know how to read on linux (or windows). Do
> you know how to deal with them?

maybe with some Sony Ericsson software of the era, also a Nokia PC
Suite of the era could work

if you can send one to me I can look at it, SMS are likely to e in a
somewhat standard format, while contacts are likely to be harder to
understand, but you can do test yourself if SMS are in the same format
as the AT protocol:
mkdir /tmp/sms/
hexdump -v -e '/1 "%02X"' <my-file.ecs >/tmp/sms/1
gnokii --phone fake --getsms ME 1

> I see, do you know any alternatives to this?

only if you can get a standard connection method to work, for example
obexftp ca read the entire phonebook in vCard format:

obexftp --bluetooth 00:11:22:33:44:55 --get telecom/pb.vcf
and the same with --irda or --usb

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=854

--
Daniele Forsi