Re: Nokia 7230, setalarm strange behavior

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Nokia 7230, setalarm strange behavior
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:40:50 +0200

> Interrogation about alarm support in Nokia 7230(-1c) [RM-598]:

as tested on my phones::
1) IIRC on phones handled by nk6100.c --setalarm and --getalarm work
as expected;
2) on Series 40 3rd they mostly work as expected except that you can't
disable the alarm from gnokii but you can disable it from phone, but I
discovered right now that alarm sound is like "beep once";
3) on Series 60 3rd the FBUS side works but the phone ignores them,
the same as in your tests on a Series 40 5th, I think

a while ago that I added to nk6510.c several subframes related to
clock/alarm, but I might have missed some and my phone is different
from yours, so the best thing that you can do is:
1) modify NK6510_Subscribe() temporarily replacing one of the
NK6510_MSG_* with NK6510_MSG_CLOCK
2) rebuild and run gnokii --monitor
3) use phone menus to set/unset/modify the alarm and see if any
unhandled frame is printed by gnokii
--
Daniele Forsi