Re: SMS Reference ID on response

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: SMS Reference ID on response
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 00:16:11 +0200

> Good afternoon everyone.

good evening ;-)

> Does gnokii have a way of indentifying a response from a certain SMS sent?

no, there is no such thing as a "reply" in the SMS standard except
maybe if the TP-Reply-Path (TP-RP) bit is set which means that you
will pay also for the answer, but I have no idea if it's actually
supported by operators and between operators and by phones, if it
works you see the answer coming from the SMSC you choose (if you have
a contract with it!), unless userA changed it or by chance his SIM is
using one of your SMSCs by default

libgnokii has incomplete code for handling that bit (you can set
reply_via_same_smsc in code to do your tests, if it works we can add a
proper command line)

--
Daniele Forsi