Gnokii interfacing with Nokia 1110 RH-93 FBUS

From: Florin Cocos
Subject: Gnokii interfacing with Nokia 1110 RH-93 FBUS
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:39:59 +0200

Hi,
I'm connecting my Nokia 1110 (RH-93) FBUS interface to the PC via usb-serial adapter.
When I run gnokii --identify it detects the phone:
Received model RH-93
Manufacturer : Nokia

When running the same command on windows it even tells it's a Nokia model 1110.

Commands like reset, dial, answer, hangup work but what I'm interested in: getsms and sendsms don't work.

For example getsms fails with:
gnokii --getsms ME 0
"Getting SMS failed (location 0 from ME memory)! (Function or connection type not supported by the phone or by the phone driver.)"

gnokii --getsms SM 0
"error: Function or connection type not supported by the phone or by the phone driver. (6)"

while sendsms fails like this:
echo "Test" | gnokii --sendsms +xxxxxxxxxxx --smsc +yyyyyyyyyyy
Sending
Sending SMS...(54)
Message sent: 0x02 / 0x0036
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop

So I'm sending this message to hopefully establish what kind of support is in place for the Nokia 1110 RH-93 and determine if I'm doing something wrong that's stopping it from working correctly.

Here is the config used:
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
LOG: xdebug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/itronics/.config/gnokii/config.
phone instance config:
model = series40
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
connection = serial