Re: locking in smsd

From: alonso acuña
Subject: Re: locking in smsd
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:59:27 -0600

Hi. I am using model=AT and connection=serial with a USB phone.
This works by opening the port, sending commands and then closing the
port. As long as these operations do not overlap (run at the same
time) then neither gnokii or smsd will have any trouble.
I did a test where I ran gnokii --identify continuously, faster than
one per second while smsd was also running and after deleting the
lock. And it took like 15 seconds for gnokii to stop working. After a
while it started working again. Smsd did not seem to be affected.

So I would think that smsd should be able to place the lock only when
it really needs to send any commands to the phone. At least for this
configuration which is the only one I am familiar with.