Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 113, Issue 4

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 113, Issue 4
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:49:28 +0200

2012/4/21 Charles:

> 0x00007ffff69a0f71 in usb_get_string_simple () from
> /usr/lib64/libusb-0.1.so.4

> Were you hoping for more?

yes, I was hoping to see line numbers
the failing function usb_get_string_simple (from libusb) gets called
in get_iface_string() from common/devices/dku2libusb.c once for every
piece of information to get from the device (manufacturer name,
product name, etc.) so there must be something unexpected
can you show lsusb -vvv of that phone?

>  Can I do anything to get something more
> useful than the "No symbol table info available" messages?

try to run gnokii from the build directory instead of the installed one

> The build uses "strip --strip-unneeded" on all the executables so I
> removed that and was hoping for an informative trace.

removing it should have been enough, both the installed lib and the
not installed lb should be "not stripped"
file -L /usr/lib/libgnokii.so
file -L common/.libs/libgnokii.so
--
Daniele Forsi