Re: Sending SMS via libgnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Sending SMS via libgnokii
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:10:49 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 15:33, Peter Koch <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to send multiple SMS from an application written in
> C. I don't want to initialize gnokii for every SMS. This

Why own application?

> works well if my applications sends out lots of SMS without
> any delay. If there's a delay between two SMS of about 5 seconds
> then I must reinitialize gnokii.

Probably because phone closes the connection on inactivity. Instead of
waiting, send any request (which makes sense). I've actually wanted to
implement GN_OP_PING for several years already but failed to. But you
can request the date or whatever to keep alive the connection.

I think it might not be the case with more modern phones. I mean they
would not disconnect.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot