Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file doe

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file does not show full info. - also something wrong still.
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:02:43 +0100

Hi,

2011/11/24 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>  I wanted to know where my sms are stored, in memory card, internal
> memory or sim card/s . I used the gnokii-showsmsfolderstatus to try it
> and put the output in some text file so I could view it later. This
> for some reason doesn't work as shown :-

I think it is just fine. See below.

> Ok so first thing is, it's saying that Function or error type not
> supported by the phone or the phone driver ?

This is debug log. All it means is that your phone model was not
configured by gnokii so far. We follow the default path, which is not
supported by your phone. So we try the alternate path and it succeeds
-- this is where you got contact gnokii-ml message.

I have added your phone model into gnokii and when you try git version
you should see neither of these two messages. I have added your name
to the changelog, hopefully I didn't misspell it, if you could verify
please.

> Other than that whenever I give something like this :-
>
> $gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus > showsmsfolderstatus.txt
>
> I get the file showsmsfolderstatus.txt as this, is this to be expected ?
>
> No. Name                                         Id #Msg
>  0 SMS Inbox                                    IN    0
>  1 SMS Outbox, items to be sent                OUS    1
>  2 SMS Outbox, sent items                       OU    0
>  3 SMS Archive                                  AR    6
>  4 SMS Drafts                                   DR    1
>  5 SMS Templates                                TE    0

Looks sane. But actual content is up to you to verify.

> Lastly, Does 'sudo ifconfig usbpn0 up' have to be run each time for it
> seems to go down after sometime ? Does anybody know anything about it
> ? Think possibly for power-saving ?

Well. I guess it is after some inactivity? It might be possible
indeed. Probably you could automate it somehow.

Please note, that there is an alternate way do handle, described on
wiki, using dku2libusb connection. Then you'd avoid all these kinds of
problems (probably).

take care,
--
Pawel Kot