Re: something wrong in my .config file not able to use gnokii :(

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: something wrong in my .config file not able to use gnokii :(
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 04:00:31 +0530

At bottom :-

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 21:22, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2011/11/23 Pawel Kot:
>
>>> where this confusion is coming from? Who told you to use phonet?
>>> If you read it on *.gnokii.org we must fix that (man page, sample
>>> gnokiirc and wiki look clear to me but we're always open for
>>> suggestions on how to improve them)
>>
>> Well, it actually says:
>
> indeed!
>
> I added this to wiki:
> this is sometimes inconvenient because it works currently only for the
> USB connection and you need to give to gnokii the
> cap_sys_admin,cap_net_raw capabilities or run it as root (see
> Docs/README-6510 for more details).

Hi all,
 Read it, read the Docs/README-6510 and put the command as given in that one :-

03:24:07 address@hidden: ~$ su
Password:
address@hidden:/home/shirish# setcap cap_sys_admin,cap_net_raw=+ep
$(which gnokii)
address@hidden:/home/shirish# exit
exit

The  above command was taken from /usr/share/doc/gnokii-cli/README-6510.

Tried again, still no happiness :-

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/shirish/.config/gnokii/config.
phone instance config:
model = series40
port = 1
connection = phonet
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device 1
setsockopt: No such device
Couldn't open PHONET device: No such device
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.

Read it again to see if I was missing something

The person thoughtfully has said something about port being usbpn0

so made that change and upped usbpn0 via root and vala, got atleast
some info. :-

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/shirish/.config/gnokii/config.
phone instance config:
model = series40
port = usbpn0
connection = phonet
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device usbpn0
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
Message received: 0x1b / 0x003e
some numbers |       X8 2V 06.5
some numbers | 2 29-07-11 RM-70
some numbers| 2 (c) Nokia
some numbers      |         MH1
Received message type 1b
model length: 6
Received model RM-702
Identifying...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0005
00 01 00 00 41                                  |     A
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
Message received: 0x1b / 0x001a
some numbers |       A   358640
some numbers                   | 042257767
Received message type 1b
Received imei (it broadcasted the imei number)
Message received: 0x1b / 0x003e
 some numbers|       X8 2V 06.5
some numbers | 2 29-07-11 RM-70
some numbers | 2 (c) Nokia
some numbers       |         MH1
Received message type 1b
Received revision V 06.52
model length: 6
Received model RM-702
IMEI         : again broadcasting the IMEI number
Manufacturer : Nokia
No flags section in the config file.
Model        : RM-702
Product name : RM-702
Revision     : V 06.52
Serial device: closing device

So atleast I was able to talk to the device, now for doing things actually :)

> --
> Daniele Forsi

<snipped>
--