Suggestion for gnokii

From: Vas Zor
Subject: Suggestion for gnokii
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 15:11:19 +0100 (BST)

I have a Nokia 2760. I managed to get my address book and save it into a text
file
using gnokii. I still try to find if it is possible to get sms from phone and
save them to
a text file. I hate the super-lamer java-based ovi-shit. gnokii is thousands
times better.

As a beginner I found it strange that the first time I ran gnokii it was
complaining for

not finding the config file. I would suggest to add some text along with the i/o

error message like "Have you created the ~/config/gnokii/config file? Check
Configuration section in GnokiiWIki".

Also the user needs to find the phone address. I used the command:
hcitool scan
to do the job (installed with bluez package). It would be nice to have this
tip somewhere in the documentation.

V.