Re: Problem with gnokii 0.6.31git, smsd segmentation fault

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Problem with gnokii 0.6.31git, smsd segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 19:14:02 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 02:38, Jan Derfinak <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, I found the code. It is in mysql.c:DB_Look():
> do
> {
>  error = WriteSMS (&sms);
>  sleep (1);
> }
> while ((error == GN_ERR_TIMEOUT || error == GN_ERR_FAILED) && numError++ < 3);
>
> I think that it is not good that gnokii lib modifies gn_sms structure.

Yes, that's not compatible with the code above. I agree that not good
that we modify the user_data structure -- that makes the app harder to
do retries. I think it is ok that we add the reference part (we could
do it in the separate structure, but that complicates things).

I'll look at the code to see what can be done around that. Still I do
not think it causes problems for this particular case.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot