Re: gn_sms_send failed to send sms ( lack of gn_data structure )

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gn_sms_send failed to send sms ( lack of gn_data structure )
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:27:49 +0100

Hi,

Why do you send the same here and into bugtracker? That's only a good
way to annoy developers (or me at least)

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 08:38, we axzz <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi all,
> i got an issue when im gonna sending sms with libgnokii :

You're having problems with sending sms with your code.

> snprintf(sms.user_data[0].u.text,sizeof(sms.user_data[0].u.text),"%s","tesss");

That's not enough. Especially since you don't zero the gn_sms
structure in the beginning. Have a look at gnokii code how it is done
there. You need to set at least the type for this and next user_data
table element.

> address@hidden:/tmp# gdb -q ./gnokii_send_sms
> Reading symbols from /tmp/gnokii_send_sms...(no debugging symbols
> found)...done.
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /tmp/gnokii_send_sms
> 0x0015321e in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgnokii.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x0015321e in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgnokii.so.6
> #1  0x00154fea in gn_sms_send () from /usr/lib/libgnokii.so.6
> #2  0x08048bc0 in main ()

If you do own coding, please provide at least useful backtraces. And
use git version for that.

> (gdb)
> and anyway, what are uninitialized var that need to be initialzed in
> 'gn_data structure', before gn_sms_send() function take 'gn_data structure'
> and spin ?

You need to zero gn_data and set just data->sms.

take care
Pawel