Re: Gnokii, Gnocky Error on Fedora 12

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii, Gnocky Error on Fedora 12
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 22:27:14 +0400

Hi,

Please do not top post. If you don't want to quote just remove it.

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 20:32, monet nisperos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Because of this problem, I had to do it again from the beginning to simulate
> the problem.  I am using Sun Virtual Box and I installed Fedora 12.  I

No idea what's Sun Virtual Box but hope it doesn't matter.

> 1. Please find attached the output file of gnokii using fedora 12  when I
> tried executing "gnokii --identify" and also the gnokiirc config file.  Some
> i was able to solve like copying the gnokiirc to its home directory and
> changed the name to ".gnokiirc" so it lessen the problem but still the
> attached file output is the current problem of mine where I cannot solve
> some errors.

The config is not in line with what's at
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Cables#DKE-2

> 2. I tried installing ubuntu 10 on Sun Virtual Box because I saw some
> procedure on how to install gnokii in ubuntu.  I followed the procedure
> entirely but still it didnt work.  Please find attached the output file of
> gnokii when using ubuntu and its configuration file.  Here's the link where
> i followed the procedure
> http://sp2hari.com/2008/04/18/setting-up-a-sms-server-using-gnokii/.

The config is not in line with what's at
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Cables#DKE-2

> 3.  Actually, I tried one by one the connection: from serial to dku2libusb.
> dku5 but still the same error.  I just followed everything from all the
> things I gathered from the net but still it won't work.  I tried this link
> http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Cables#DKE-2

No. For sure you wouldn't get the same error.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot