New Thread : Gnokii in Ubuntu repo's

From: Michael Hutchinson
Subject: New Thread : Gnokii in Ubuntu repo's
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:45:21 +1200

Hello.

I reposted this message, as I thread hijacked the old discussion and I think my posting was killed automatically. Anyway, here goes:

> Actually there's a bit of a problem with upgrading gnokii version in

> Ubuntu. The problem is that it is actually not possible. I had the

> idea to provide ppa archive for Ubuntu but I cannot find free time to

> deal with it.

Why is this not possible?

I discussed this with the Ubuntu package maintainer for gnokii-smsd, and I understand that I can go through a process called "Stable Release Update" and this will allow a later gnokii version to be added to the Universe repository. I was going to go through with this yesterday, but it sounds like I may need to backtrack and do more testing / bug reporting first - I don’t mind doing any of this if it gets a later gnokii version in the repo's.

I don’t know much about PPA's, but would be happy to help where I can. I shall get up to speed with what is required for this and see if I can get it happening.

Cheers,

Michael