RE: smsd and scandinavian characters cut out problem

From: Ari A
Subject: RE: smsd and scandinavian characters cut out problem
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:37:06 +0200

Hi again,

So done the testing setting the LANG and GDM_LANG to fi_FI.ISO-8859-1. It did not fix the problem.

The original situation persists: 0.6.29git not sending or receiving correctly, 0.6.20 sends and receives correctly.

These row are always printed to the debug log when sending (git-version):

General Data Coding
Default Alphabet
ucs2_encode/iconv: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
dcs: 0x0
Length: 0xc
user_data_length: 0xb

I think than the ucs2_encode fails somehow and that is why the message is cut from scandinavian character start point.
Log Output has also these rows (git-version):

Address: 0400******
Text: Scanditesti �����
Sending to 0400****** successful.

So it means (I think) that the whole message is inserted to the phone, but since it is not converted correctly, the mobile cuts out the unsuccerssfully encoded characters.

Another thing in the new git -version is, that I get the next error continuously:

SMS reading failed:
    Invalid location!
gn_sms_get returned error 16: The given memory location is invalid.

What might cause this error?

As always, I appreciate highly Your help!

Best Regards,

Ari A