"vacation" sms-es using nokia 6630

From: Marcelo Barbudas
Subject: "vacation" sms-es using nokia 6630
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:30:30 +0300

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a very simple setup:

   When someone calls or sends a message to my number he should receive
a message that says "User X has changed his phone number. The new number
is XX, please update your address book."

I am implementing this on a Nokia 6630, according to the tutorial using
gnapplet.

My current problems are:
* gnapplet won't stay open, if I set timeout to 0 it doesn't start, and
otherwise it closes in 30 seconds.
* every time i make a connection from gnokii it prompts me to accept it
on the phone. Since I would like to make it work and forget about it
this isn't very good.

Have any of you implemented something like that? Is there a service
online that does this? (my carrier has something similar but with
standard messages, I can't customize it and add my number).

--
Cheers,
M.