Re: smsd and long messages

From: Hartmut Benz
Subject: Re: smsd and long messages
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:35:34 +0200

Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 13:27, Hartmut Benz<address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've been looking around for this now for some time:
>> How can I convince smsd to send SMSs longer than 160 chars (i.e., as
>> multi-part message)?
>> Extending the Database field is apparently not enough.
>>

> As far as I remember that should just work. Any details of not working?

Thanks for the reply. What's not working is that the message is cut at
160th char and the reset does not arrive at the recipient. No error
messages I could detect. I attach three traces.

>> (I am currently using 0.6.26 postgresql sightly modified QnD to work
>> with Nokia 3109 classic
>> - I haven't had the time to go to the newest git version, yet)
>>

> What's QnD?

Quick and Dirty :-)
I force the index of the first SMS to 1 and I thought I had done
something else but I can't remember right now :-)
> take care,

Hartmut
------------Text------------
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160.This text must be in
the multi-part
------------text recieved--------------------------
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160.T
----------------------------

address@hidden:/etc$ /home/h2o/myg/bin/smsd -u smsd -p smsd -d smsd -c
localhost -m pq --inbox IN -f /var/log/smsdaemon.log -i 10

LOG: debug mask is 0x1

LOG: xdebug mask is 0x1

Config read from file /home/h2o/.gnokiirc.

phone instance config:

model = 3110

port = 1

connection = dku2libusb

initlength = default

serial_baudrate = 19200

serial_write_usleep = -1

handshake = software

require_dcd = 0

smsc_timeout = 10

rfcomm_channel = 1

sm_retry = 0

Connecting

Serial device: opening device USB

Sending SMS: +31630xxxxxx, 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160.T
Inserting Event: 0

Ignoring extra header, type 171, length 5

Found FBUS interface

Can't set configuration: -16

Getting model...

Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006

00 01 00 07 01 00                               |

Message received: 0x1b / 0x003a

01 35 00 08 00 01 58 34 00 30 56 20 30 37 2e 32 |  5    X4 0V 07.2

31 0a 30 35 2d 31 31 2d 30 38 0a 52 4d 2d 32 37 | 1 05-11-08 RM-27

34 0a 28 63 29 20 4e 6f 6b 69 61 2e 20 20 20 20 | 4 (c) Nokia.

20 20 20 20 20 20 20 0a 43 00                   |         C

Received message type 1b

model length: 6

Received model RM-274

fbusinit: error 0

Getting model...

Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006

00 01 00 07 01 00                               |

Message received: 0x1b / 0x003a

01 35 00 08 00 01 58 34 00 30 56 20 30 37 2e 32 |  5    X4 0V 07.2

31 0a 30 35 2d 31 31 2d 30 38 0a 52 4d 2d 32 37 | 1 05-11-08 RM-27

34 0a 28 63 29 20 4e 6f 6b 69 61 2e 20 20 20 20 | 4 (c) Nokia.

20 20 20 20 20 20 20 0a 43 00                   |         C

Received message type 1b

Received revision V 07.21

model length: 6

Received model RM-274

Version: RM-274

Model: unknown

Revision: V 07.21

Phone connected. Starting monitoring...

Getting SMS Status...

Getting SMS Folder (5) status (2)...

Get message list from the folder (ME)

Message sent: 0x14 / 0x000a

00 01 00 0c 02 05 0f 55 55 55                   |        UUU

Message received: 0x14 / 0x000a

01 5a 00 0d 00 00 00 00 00 00                   |  Z

Received message type 14

Message: SMS Folder status received

Message: Number of Entries: 0

Message sent: 0x14 / 0x0007

00 01 00 08 00 00 01                            |

Message received: 0x14 / 0x001e

01 5a 00 09 00 02 02 0c 02 01 0f ff 00 00 00 00 |  Z

00 00 02 0c 01 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 00 00       |

Received message type 14

SMS Status received

GN_OP_GetSMSStatus returned (number, unread) 0, 0

phoneMonitor 0

Processing Event: 0

Message sent: 0x02 / 0x0006

00 01 00 14 01 00                               |

Message received: 0x02 / 0x003a

01 79 00 15 00 01 0b 34 01 ed ff 00 a9 02 82 0c |  y     4

02 08 07 91 13 26 04 00 00 f0 81 20 1a 00 00 54 |      &         T

00 2d 00 4d 00 6f 00 62 00 69 00 6c 00 65 00 20 |  - M o b i l e

00 20 00 4e 00 4c 00 00 00 00                   |    N L

Received message type 02

Frame of type 0x02 (SMS handling) received!

SMSC Received

General Data Coding

dcs: 0x0

Length: 0xa0

user_data_length: 0x8c

ValidityIndicator: 2

user_data:
31D98C56B3DD7039584C36A3D56C375C0E1693CD6835DB0D9783C564335ACD76C3E56031D98C664E9BE979174836A3D56C375C0E1693CD6835DB0D9783C564335ACD76C3E56031D98C56B3DD7039584C86AEBBC96539D90592CD6835DB0D9783C162B219AD66BBE17230584C36A3D56C375C0E068BC966B41A888E2E83C86F3A283D078DD16139286683B9A8

Sending

Sending SMS...(190)

Message sent: 0x02 / 0x00be

00 01 00 02 00 00 00 55 55 01 02 b4 11 00 00 00 |        UU
00 04 82 0c 01 08 0b 91 13 36 10 76 90 f3 82 0c |          6 v
02 08 07 91 13 26 04 00 00 f0 80 90 8c a0 31 d9 |      &        1
8c 56 b3 dd 70 39 58 4c 36 a3 d5 6c 37 5c 0e 16 |  V  p9XL6  l7\
93 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c5 64 33 5a cd 76 c3 e5 |   h5     d3Z v
60 31 d9 8c 66 4e 9b e9 79 17 48 36 a3 d5 6c 37 | `1  fN  y H6  l7
5c 0e 16 93 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c5 64 33 5a cd | \    h5     d3Z
76 c3 e5 60 31 d9 8c 56 b3 dd 70 39 58 4c 86 ae | v  `1  V  p9XL
bb c9 65 39 d9 05 92 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c1 62 |   e9    h5     b
b2 19 ad 66 bb e1 72 30 58 4c 36 a3 d5 6c 37 5c |    f  r0XL6  l7\
0e 06 8b c9 66 b4 1a 88 8e 2e 83 c8 6f 3a 28 3d |     f    .  o:(=
07 8d d1 61 39 28 66 83 b9 a8 08 04 01 a9       |    a9(f
Message received: 0x02 / 0x000e
01 79 00 03 00 01 0c 08 00 00 a3 00 00 00       |  y
Received message type 02
Frame of type 0x02 (SMS handling) received!
SMS sent (reference: 163)
Address: +31630167093
Text: 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160.T
Sending to +31630xxxxxx successful.
WARNING: Cannot open file /var/log/smsdaemon.log for appending.
Event 0 failed with return code 160335880!
------------Text sent------------
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160. This text must be in
the multi-part
------------text recieved--------------------------
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160.
address@hidden:/tmp$ /home/h2o/myg/bin/smsd -u smsd -p smsd -d smsd -c
localhost -m pq --inbox IN -f ./smsdaemon.log -i 10
[...]

31D98C56B3DD7039584C36A3D56C375C0E1693CD6835DB0D9783C564335ACD76C3E56031D98C664E9BE979174836A3D56C375C0E1693CD6835DB0D9783C564335ACD76C3E56031D98C56B3DD7039584C86AEBBC96539D90592CD6835DB0D9783C162B219AD66BBE17230584C36A3D56C375C0E068BC966B41A888E2E83C86F3A283D078DD16139286683B940

Sending
Sending SMS...(190)
Message sent: 0x02 / 0x00be
00 01 00 02 00 00 00 55 55 01 02 b4 11 00 00 00 |        UU
00 04 82 0c 01 08 0b 91 13 36 10 76 90 f3 82 0c |          6 v
02 08 07 91 13 26 04 00 00 f0 80 90 8c a0 31 d9 |      &        1
8c 56 b3 dd 70 39 58 4c 36 a3 d5 6c 37 5c 0e 16 |  V  p9XL6  l7\
93 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c5 64 33 5a cd 76 c3 e5 |   h5     d3Z v
60 31 d9 8c 66 4e 9b e9 79 17 48 36 a3 d5 6c 37 | `1  fN  y H6  l7
5c 0e 16 93 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c5 64 33 5a cd | \    h5     d3Z
76 c3 e5 60 31 d9 8c 56 b3 dd 70 39 58 4c 86 ae | v  `1  V  p9XL
bb c9 65 39 d9 05 92 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c1 62 |   e9    h5     b
b2 19 ad 66 bb e1 72 30 58 4c 36 a3 d5 6c 37 5c |    f  r0XL6  l7\
0e 06 8b c9 66 b4 1a 88 8e 2e 83 c8 6f 3a 28 3d |     f    .  o:(=
07 8d d1 61 39 28 66 83 b9 40 08 04 01 a9       |    a9(f  @
Message received: 0x02 / 0x000e
01 79 00 03 00 01 0c 08 00 00 a4 00 00 00       |  y
Received message type 02
Frame of type 0x02 (SMS handling) received!
SMS sent (reference: 164)
Address: +31630xxxxxx
[...]
^CInserting Event: 2
Getting SMS Status...
Getting SMS Folder (5) status (2)...
Get message list from the folder (ME)
Message sent: 0x14 / 0x000a
00 01 00 0c 02 05 0f 55 55 55                   |        UUU
Message received: 0x14 / 0x000a
01 5a 00 0d 00 00 00 00 00 00                   |  Z
Received message type 14
Message: SMS Folder status received
Message: Number of Entries: 0
Message sent: 0x14 / 0x0007
00 01 00 08 00 00 01                            |
Message received: 0x14 / 0x001e
01 5a 00 09 00 02 02 0c 02 01 0f ff 00 00 00 00 |  Z
00 00 02 0c 01 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 00 00       |
Received message type 14
SMS Status received
GN_OP_GetSMSStatus returned (number, unread) 0, 0
phoneMonitor 0
Processing Event: 2
Serial device: closing device
address@hidden:/tmp$
------------Text sent------------
[...]

31D98C56B3DD7039584C36A3D56C375C0E1693CD6835DB0D9783C564335ACD76C3E56031D98C664E9BE979974236A3D56C375C0E1693CD6835DB0D9783C564335ACD76C3E56031D98C56B3DD7039584C86AEBBC96539D9A590CD6835DB0D9783C162B219AD66BBE17230584C36A3D56C375C0E068BC966B41A888E2E83C86F3A283D078DD16139286683B914
Sending
Sending SMS...(190)
Message sent: 0x02 / 0x00be
00 01 00 02 00 00 00 55 55 01 02 b4 11 00 00 00 |        UU
00 04 82 0c 01 08 0b 91 13 36 10 76 90 f3 82 0c |          6 v
02 08 07 91 13 26 04 00 00 f0 80 90 8c a0 31 d9 |      &        1
8c 56 b3 dd 70 39 58 4c 36 a3 d5 6c 37 5c 0e 16 |  V  p9XL6  l7\
93 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c5 64 33 5a cd 76 c3 e5 |   h5     d3Z v
60 31 d9 8c 66 4e 9b e9 79 97 42 36 a3 d5 6c 37 | `1  fN  y B6  l7
5c 0e 16 93 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c5 64 33 5a cd | \    h5     d3Z
76 c3 e5 60 31 d9 8c 56 b3 dd 70 39 58 4c 86 ae | v  `1  V  p9XL
bb c9 65 39 d9 a5 90 cd 68 35 db 0d 97 83 c1 62 |   e9    h5     b
b2 19 ad 66 bb e1 72 30 58 4c 36 a3 d5 6c 37 5c |    f  r0XL6  l7\
0e 06 8b c9 66 b4 1a 88 8e 2e 83 c8 6f 3a 28 3d |     f    .  o:(=
07 8d d1 61 39 28 66 83 b9 14 08 04 01 a9       |    a9(f
Message received: 0x02 / 0x000e
01 79 00 03 00 01 0c 08 00 00 a5 00 00 00       |  y
Received message type 02
Frame of type 0x02 (SMS handling) received!
SMS sent (reference: 165)
Address: +31630xxxxxx
Text: 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234fifty.
23456789012345678901234567890123456789012hunderd.
2345678900123456789001234567890012345 the dot is char 160.

Sending to +31630xxxxxx successful.
Event 0 failed with return code 3!