RE: another error when gnokii --getsms

From: Michael Hutchinson
Subject: RE: another error when gnokii --getsms
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:01:30 +1200

> Hi again,

Hello.

> I'm getting another error when trying to receive an SMS message.

You're getting more than one.

> GNOKII Version 0.6.27
> Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
> Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.

^^ you might want to fix that for a start.

> LOG: debug mask is 0x1
> Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
> phone instance config:

> model = AT
> port = /dev/ttyUSB0
> connection = serial

^^^ Does this make sense? Are you using a serial or USB connection? What
Model of Nokia phone are you using?

And this sounds like the same problem you were having last time,
something specific to the vendor of the kit you're using to do SMS..
With something like this, I'd be tempted to go back to a default config
file, and start configuring the device again from scratch, using as many
defaults as possible.

Let us know more info.

Cheers,
Mike