Certain messages in MySQL outbox are only sent partially

From: Harry Vangberg
Subject: Certain messages in MySQL outbox are only sent partially
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:55:49 +0100

Hello

Using the latest CVS version as of today I run into a weird issue. I am using smsd with the MySQL module. It works fine, except for this particular text:

"Her skrives indholdet af SMS.\r\nAfkryds 'Medsend link til denne mobilside', hvis der skal medsendes link til den mobilside som vælges. - http://wnr.dk/22" inserted into the outbox-table with this SQL query:

INSERT INTO outbox (number, text) VALUES ('12345678', "Her skrives indholdet af SMS.\r\nAfkryds 'Medsend link til denne mobilside', hvis der skal medsendes link til den mobilside som vælges. - http://wnr.dk/22");

When that is sent, I receive a message which simply contains "Her skrives indhol*some text is missing", then it updates the SMS to: "Her skrives indhold" and finally updates it again (but without adding any additional text).

I have tried multiple other messages, haven't been able to reproduce that behaviour. Everything else goes through just fine. Here is some system information:

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.28cvs
IMEI         : 357355013756322
Manufacturer : Sony Ericsson
Model        : Sony Ericsson W200
Product name : Sony Ericsson W200
Revision     : R4JA011  R4JA011

(The phone is connected with an USB cable)

$ gnokii --version
GNOKII Version 0.6.28cvs

$ cat ~/.gnokiirc
[global]