Re: SMSD help needed: GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: SMSD help needed: GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:07:16 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:56, Ari A <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you have any idea what should I check. I run the gnokii --identify and
> after that immediatelly I try start the smsd, so I don't understand why the
> smsd gives this error. After trying to start smsd I run the gnokii
> --identify again, and it works always. So there is something that I am
> missing.
>
> Any suggestions how to find the cause to this problem?

Are you sure smsd and gnokii are linked with the same libgnokii
version? Still that wouldn't explain the reason. Anyway the error is
returned by open() on BT socket.

> I have also a question that is not related to this case: I want to make
> donation to this project, so does part of the donation go also smsd
> developers? Without gnokii there would not be smsd, so the donation should
> be targeted to both of the teams (if they are separated).

Well, there are not separate teams. There are few individuals, among
them Jan, who is smsd creator. But frankly speaking we didn't have
this problem yet as we've collected just 20EUR which is in fact
nothing that could help development.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot