Cannot get SMS from Nokia 6233

From: Guido Milanese
Subject: Cannot get SMS from Nokia 6233
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:38:28 +0100

I am using gnokii on Ubuntu 8.04. The version provided by Ubuntu is
0.6.22, so the problem I am submitting may be related to the version
of the programme (rather old, I see that the current version is
0.6.27).
I can connect to the phone, export/import phonebook, but I cannot get
SMS messages to copy them in my PC and free some memory on the phone.
If I do:
gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end --vcard >mybackup
it's all right, but if I do:
gnokii --getsms ME 1 end >mysms
the program says that the memory type is not valid.

Trying:
gnokii --getsms SM 1 end >mysms
it says that the package is not handled by the receiving function.

Same answer if I try:
gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus
(says that cannot list available directories, adding that the package
is not handled by the receiving function).

Any hint? Update, I suppose :-)

Thanks,
guido, italy

--