Re: gnokii and ca-42 cable

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: gnokii and ca-42 cable
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:33:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, riitta wrote:

I am trying to use Nokia 7210 and gnokii with ca-42 cable. I use
/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=xx
product=xx (xx from lsusb). If I put my phone to computer it is not
automatically mount it and no /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyACM  is not in dmesg.

I looked in web that there is no driver to ca-42 cable. In web there were
something about usbserial and cdc_acm.

I'm having problems lately connecting my Nokia 6210 using a CA-42 cable and Gnokii at this moment. But at least I do get a /dev/ttyUSB0 device when I connect my phone. And I have connected my phone succesfully in the past. In my .gnokiirc file I use "connection = dku5". DKU-5 and CA-42 are very much alike, though not identical. I don't know about the technical details.

Martin Tarenskeen