Re: Reading sms from nokia 6100 - bug ?

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Reading sms from nokia 6100 - bug ?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:26:59 +0200

Faludi Gábor wrote:

> Whatever comes back don't seem to be UTF8

you need to look at the debug output to tell what is,
if it's UCS2 you'll see "Unicode message"

I should have asked you to post the debug output from the beginning, so post
the debug output now (set debug = on in gnokiirc), also make sure you are
compiling the latest sources from CVS and you didn't change anything; there
are some defines in include/config.h that can change the way
common/gsm-encoding.c works

$ grep -E "HAVE_WCRTOMB|HAVE_ICONV|HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET|HAVE_LOCALE_CHARSET"
include/config.h
#define HAVE_ICONV 1
#define HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET 1
/* #undef HAVE_LOCALE_CHARSET */
#define HAVE_WCRTOMB 1

> I changed the Translation of PUTTY to ISO-8859-1
> and the characters are more readable but same result vs the file

ISO-8859-1 is the right enconding for *my* system
I think you should use ISO-8859-2 instead

> Surely this is related to some conversion issue :)

I have some conversion isssues here too, but I can't read Hungarian so I'm not
sure :-)
I'm not able to write your example letters (üúűíÚŐÉÁ) on my phone using your
gntest.c
I see this ű and this Ő as box both on my phone and in Kmail.

--
Daniele