Re: gnokii installation from source

From: mikha
Subject: Re: gnokii installation from source
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:36:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:

> In general, it depends on how you have configured and installed it, but
> most often you'll need to create a .gnokiirc file in your home
> directory.
>
> Otherwise, you could create a gnokiirc file in the directory
> you specified with --sysconfdir option to configure. If you haven't
> specified this option, the directory is /usr/local/etc. That said, I
> don't see any reason why you should need it.
>
> With kind regards,
> --
> Baurzhan Ismagulov
> http://www.kz-easy.com/

Thanks. I'm asking these things for gnokii-smsd, because in the smsd readme
file, I think it indicated that some files need to be edited for configs and
that I should also compile smsd by going to the gnokii/smsd dir.. that's why
I Asked =) Oh, and is this 'editing' should be done before or after
installation?

And one more thing, if I may ask you or anyone in here, If I installed
gnokii0.6.12, gnokii-smsd and gnokii-smsd-mysql all via synaptic, would the
smsd work good even without configuring anything? Coz I need sending and
receiving SMS via php-mysql.. Has any one in here tried that?

Thanks,