Re: Nokia 6155 on Gentoo 2006.1 with Gnokii 0.6.14 - some progress

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6155 on Gentoo 2006.1 with Gnokii 0.6.14 - some progress
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:06:38 +0100

Hi,

On 12/16/06, Mark Kirkwood <address@hidden> wrote:
Running Gentoo 2006.1 with the following parameters in .gnokiirc:

model=6100
connection = dku2libus

I get:

[postgres:~]$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.14
Couldn't open PHONET device: Success
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.

I need more details here. Do you use CVS version or 0.6.14?

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.14
IMEI         : Unknown
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Unknown
Product name : Unknown
Revision     : Unknown

So, some progress - looks like libusb is not the way to go for this
phone. However the obvious next step does not work:

No. That's no progress at all. Just different way of not working. Did
you load nokia_dku2 module?

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

I think I may need some sources patching at your box to figure that
out. See also the other mail.

take care,
pkot
--