Re: Any way to get Nokia 3120 function as modem?

From: navaladi a
Subject: Re: Any way to get Nokia 3120 function as modem?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:29:58 -0400

the "wvdial" is more flexible than "chat" script i suppose.

wvdial.conf should be like...

[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = *99***1#
Username = navaladi
Password = passwd
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Baud = 230400
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Stupid Mode = yes

On 6/27/06, navaladi a <address@hidden> wrote:
Fine.I have nokia 3220 with dku5 cable.Linux working well with this.If
u r activated gprs,fine.
try CA-42 cable kernel driver,try to load it.

Since you have working gnokii,then everything should be fine,except
modem,Right.
Cable drivers must be already loaded.Then findout device name in
/dev/.(dmesg)

the steps i have followed is,
1)#modprobe usbserial
2)#modprobe pl2303
3)#ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/modem
4)#wvdial
(u must have wvdial.conf file)
That's all internet working fine.

hope works..

--
"It does not matter what your computer can do;But what you can do with
computer"

--
"It does not matter what your computer can do;But what you can do with computer"